Choosing the right retail merchandising company can ultimately mean the difference between your business’s success and failure. Merchandising requires a lot of pre-planning work and plenty of know-how, so it’s always a good idea to hire a company like SPAR if you want to have the best possible results for your stores and ultimately your customers. Here are some tips for working with a merchandising company that will help you in the long run:
- Make sure that you engage with them as early as possible; preferably once you’ve made the decision to initiate a retail merchandising campaign. This way, and through collaboration you can identify early in the process the best practices and processes for success.
- Provide them with as much information as possible. Work with the company to create an outline that covers the entire scope of the project from researching and data collection to launch. Reiterate to them your company’s background, your mission statement, and the values that are important to you to ensure they are aligning all plans to accomplish your objectives. Truly, there is no detail that you shouldn’t share with these agencies. Companies like SPAR have learned how important even the smallest bit of data can be when it comes to planning and executing retail merchandising.
- Get everyone together and identify roles. This way, in the event that challenges arise, there is always a point person accountable and ready to handle the challenge(s). In fact, creating teams may be even more effective. When working with a company like SPAR, your company will be involved every single step of the way and have a single point of contact.
- When it comes to store surveys and retail merchandising campaign execution, it is critical to use a company that utilizes innovative technology effectively the way SPAR does. This will ensure that you gather the appropriate and actionable data, and the company you select has a better understanding of the project’s scope thus executing all merchandising initiatives per the specifications.
- Make sure that you place proper emphasis on reporting with your merchandising company. Without vital, correct information, it is impossible for any national merchandising company to properly do its job. You can send people out into the stores to collect information, but unless they report their findings accurately and timely, it won’t do you much good.
Working with a retail merchandising company should not be a difficult task. While it may seem as if your store is being taken over by strangers, it is important to keep in mind that SPAR exists because we are experts with proven experiences and results, and our goal to help you and see your business succeed and grow.